A Passion for
It's Contest Time!
Introducing the ScotDance Ontario Essay Contest!
How does it work?
- We're asking Canadian Highland Dancers to submit an essay of 500 words or more about what Highland Dancing has meant to you as a part of your life.
- Feel free to include funny stories or anecdotes - we want to know how Highland Dancing has enhanced your life.
- Canadian Dancers of any age may submit.
- Guidelines for choosing the winning essay will include writing style, originality, content, character count, and the power in the essay to move the reader.
- Please send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The lucky winner will win a $40 Gift Card from For Reel Apparel.
- Deadline for entries is December 15th on which date the winner will be announced with their essay published on social media. There will be 3 honourable mentions posted as well.
- All essays, including those that do not win, may be published on social media along with the author's first name and last name first initial. Please indicate in your submission email if you would not like your essay to be published.